- Whereas/while other countries were inspired by the Enlightenment to codify laws and draft constitutions, Britain clung to a common law tradition.
- Law that grew from usage, general acceptance, judicial decisions, and change rather than from codified law.
- The noble, Dracon, was asked to codify the laws.
- The new government promised to codify the laws.
- All the civilized societies started to have their own laws of land and their own codified laws, which could never be broken and if broken they were rewarded with codified punishments.
- The law provides that these ancient buildings must be preserved.