an imaginary person represented in a work of fiction (play or film or story)
a characteristic property that defines the apparent individual nature of something
the inherent complex of attributes that determines a persons moral and ethical actions and reactions- Herbert Spencer
an actor's portrayal of someone in a play
a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities)
a formal recommendation by a former employer to a potential future employer describing the person's qualifications and dependability
a written symbol that is used to represent speech
(genetics) an attribute (structural or functional) that is determined by a gene or group of genes
engrave or inscribe characters on
- The story has several cardboard characters.
- A novelist creates characters and a plot.
- There are five characters in this film.
- Strassman fired up two characters, John and Mary.
- This paper studies the aerodynamics characters of motorcycles.
- Luminous characters of thallium iodide used as luminous material in metal halide lamps are presented.
- The actual number of characters read.
- Property holds up to fifteen characters.