- Carnivorous animals have a very small caecum.
- Composed of caecum, colon and rectum.
- In 12 cases of gastroenterography, 8 cases showed the atresic caecum.
- Digestive enzymes manufactured in six gastric glands (caeca) are secreted into the stomach to carry out this function.
- Often located diffusely in the region of the gall bladder, spleen, pyloric caeca and small intestine in fishes.
- The cardiac stomach has the most gastric pit and gastric gland while stomach caeca has the thickest wall.