- n. 兄弟；教友；同胞；<俚>老兄
- [C]兄,弟 man or boy having the same parents as another person
- [C]教友,会友 a male member of a religious group
a male with the same parents as someone else;
"my brother still lives with our parents"
a male person who is a fellow member (of a fraternity or religion or other group);
"none of his brothers would betray him"
a close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities
used as a term of address for those male persons engaged in the same movement;
(Roman Catholic Church) a title given to a monk and used as form of address;
"a Benedictine Brother"
- John and Peter are brothers.
- The man who captained the home team is my brother.
- Don't be so unkind to your brother.
- I always confounded him with his twin brother.
- The Brethren hold a prayer meeting every Thursday.
- Moses was met on his arrival in Egypt by his elder brother, Aaron, and gained a hearing with his oppressed brethren.
- Susan is not equal to her brother in intelligence.
- He was indignant with his brother for criticizing him.
- Not only his parents but his brother wants to go swimming.
- My brother rarely writes to me.
- Father is in a rage with my brother.
- He left the bulk of his property to his brother.
- My brother isn't exceptional; there are a lot of boys like him.
- My daughter was very disappointed when I said that she had to stay at home taking care of her little brother.
- I mistook him for his brother; they're so much alike.
- If I'm not available when you phone, ask for my brother.
- The mysterious disappearance of my brother upset everyone.
- Her brother is the king, but she is the effective ruler.
- His brother is anxious for a new bike.
- The two brothers are so much alike that even their own mother hardly knows them apart.
- Because they are very much alike people are always mistaking him for his twin brother.
- The brothers were chosen according to their respective merits.
- All men are brothers.
- Brother Luke will say grace.
- Why should only selected Brethren have been allowed to see it?
- He was greatly respected by his brother doctors.
- We are all brothers in the same fight against injustice.
- We must all stand together, brothers.
- dislike one's brother 不喜欢兄弟
- have a brother 有个兄弟
- like one's brother 喜欢兄弟
- love one's brother 爱兄弟
- make brothers with 与…结为兄弟
- big brother 大哥
- elder brother 哥哥
- full brother 亲兄弟
- half brother 异父同母或异母同父兄弟
- little brother 小弟弟
- whole brother 亲兄弟
- younger brother 弟弟
- brother officers 同僚军官
A friend that sticketh closer than a brother.出自：Bible (AV): Proverbs
Here two brothers..had met And fought.出自： Tennyson
- brother指“兄”或“弟”皆可,“兄”是“elder brother”,“弟”是“younger brother”。但除了必须分清是“兄”还是“弟”时外,习惯上不论“兄”还是“弟”,都用brother。在美国通常不用elder brother,而用older brother。与brother相对应的阴性名词是sister。