- [C]兄,弟 man or boy having the same parents as another person
- [C]教友,会友 a male member of a religious group
- a male with the same parents as someone else;
"my brother still lives with our parents"
- a male person who is a fellow member (of a fraternity or religion or other group);
"none of his brothers would betray him"
- a close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities
- used as a term of address for those male persons engaged in the same movement;
- (Roman Catholic Church) a title given to a monk and used as form of address;
"a Benedictine Brother"
- John and Peter are brothers.
- The man who captained the home team is my brother.
- Don't be so unkind to your brother.
- The Brethren hold a prayer meeting every Thursday.
- Moses was met on his arrival in Egypt by his elder brother, Aaron, and gained a hearing with his oppressed brethren.
Susan is not equal to her brother in intelligence.
He was indignant with his brother for criticizing him.
Not only his parents but his brother wants to go swimming.
My brother rarely writes to me.
Father is in a rage with my brother.
He left the bulk of his property to his brother.
My brother isn't exceptional; there are a lot of boys like him.
My daughter was very disappointed when I said that she had to stay at home taking care of her little brother.
I mistook him for his brother; they're so much alike.
If I'm not available when you phone, ask for my brother.
The mysterious disappearance of my brother upset everyone.
Her brother is the king, but she is the effective ruler.
His brother is anxious for a new bike.
The two brothers are so much alike that even their own mother hardly knows them apart.
Because they are very much alike people are always mistaking him for his twin brother.
The brothers were chosen according to their respective merits.
All men are brothers.
Brother Luke will say grace.
Why should only selected Brethren have been allowed to see it?
He was greatly respected by his brother doctors.
We are all brothers in the same fight against injustice.
We must all stand together, brothers.
- dislike one's brother 不喜欢兄弟
- have a brother 有个兄弟
- like one's brother 喜欢兄弟
- love one's brother 爱兄弟
- make brothers with 与…结为兄弟
- big brother 大哥
- elder brother 哥哥
- full brother 亲兄弟
- half brother 异父同母或异母同父兄弟
- little brother 小弟弟
- whole brother 亲兄弟
- younger brother 弟弟
- brother officers 同僚军官
A friend that sticketh closer than a brother.出自：Bible (AV): Proverbs
Here two brothers..had met And fought.出自：Tennyson
- brother指“兄”或“弟”皆可,“兄”是“elder brother”,“弟”是“younger brother”。但除了必须分清是“兄”还是“弟”时外,习惯上不论“兄”还是“弟”,都用brother。在美国通常不用elder brother,而用older brother。与brother相对应的阴性名词是sister。
- the brothers Johnson和the Johnson brothers都作“约翰逊兄弟”解,但第一种形式不及第二种形式普遍。尤其是在招牌上通常用第二种形式并省略the,即Johnson brothers作“约翰逊兄弟公司〔商店〕”解。
- 同父异母或同母异父的兄弟一般称half brother。继父与其前妻或继母与其前夫所生的儿子一般称stepbrother。
- 汉语中可说“我们兄弟三个”，包括自己；而英语中brother不包括自己，须说I have two brothers。
- BROTHER:Black Rhyme Organisation To Help Equal Rights黑色的韵律组织来帮助平等的权利
- brother:brother n. 兄弟习惯用语Big B- 老大哥, 貌似仁慈的独裁者 独裁国家[组织]blood brother 亲兄弟 歃血为盟的兄弟 关系密切的事物craft brother 同行foste…