tall grass with smooth bluish leaf sheaths grown for hay in the United States
- CPD of old world bluestem, cepitose cleistogenes at blooming stage were higher than that in heading stage, but lower in jointing stage.
- The seedling biomass,TWUE and total water consumption of foxtail millet were also the biggest under each treatment as compared with switchgrass and Old World bluestem.
- There is an obvious regularity between quantitative characters of vegetative propagation of the Old World bluestem population.
- Results showed that 1 old world bluestem which mainly constitute the old world bluestem Shrub Grassland, had highest degree of dominate,sedge(Carex spp.
- The kinds of forages on the Old World bluestem rangelands were 22 families, 74 species. There were 26 species in per meter square and the species saturation was large.
- Yearly and seasonal changes in aboveground biomass and soil water of cultivated Old World bluestem (Bothriochloa ischaemum) grasslands in different habitats were compared.