- No, he had awakened to listen to the storm outside, the peals of thunder and flashes of bright blue lightning that illuminated the cozy bedroom as much as it did his own soul.
- On all the ships the sails were reefed with fear and trembling, while she sat calmly on the floating iceberg, watching the blue lightning, as it darted its forked flashes into the sea.
- The clear water mirrored the blue sky.
- Lightning zigzagged across the sky.
- A child was struck down by lightning in the storm.
- Lightning flashed during the storm.