- By using the principles and methods of niche, the microclimatic niche of rice sheath blight fungus was analyzed.
- In this experiment it was found that the host range of rice sheath blight fungus on weeds including 11 families 20 species.Among them, Gramineae and Cyperaceae were the most important ones.
- Scientists at Cornell University recently borrowed a gene from a South American potato to make potatoes that resisted the late blight fungus a devastating disease that caused the Irish potato famine.
- The lawn was covered with fungi.
- Mushrooms, toadstools and mildew are all fungi.
- These beetles are a blight to cotton.