- Biliary stricture and biliary infection are the major contributory factors for hepatolithiasis formation.
- If the patient developes pancreatic infection, uncontrollable biliary infect ion or surgical complication, the surgical intervention must be in time.
- Methods 219 cases of elderly biliary infection involved pancreaticoduodenal region from January 1990 to December 2000 were analyzed retrospectively.
- All of them had a history of biliary infection The diagnosis of most cases were made by operative findings and only a few of them by cholangiography, ultrasound and/or scanning.
- Keywords biliary infection;gallstones;bacterium;electronic microscopy;EPT;
- He contracted an acute biliary duct infection.