- When I was born, I was diagnosed with a disease called biliary atresia.
- This 3 month old child died with extrahepatic biliary atresia, a disease in which there is inflammation with stricture of hepatic or common bile ducts.
- The pathology of liver was studied in 14 patients with congenial biliary atresia after Kasai's operation.
- Biliary atresia is a common, cholestatic disease of infancy of unknown cause with a poor prognosis.
- Methods Among 97 biliary atresia patients undergoing Kasai or Suruga operation from Mar 1989 to Mar 1999, 35 cases have survived over five years.
- Objective: The aim of this study is to establish the diagnosis and evaluate the prognosis of extrahepatic biliary atresia with histopathology.