- A decrease in or an absence of bile secretion.
- Objective To study the effects of dexamethasone on bile secretion of monolayer rat hepatocytes.
- Abnormity of ductal bile secretion is generally one of the key factors, which cause and develop in many liver diseases.
- This paper reviews recent advances on mechanisms regulating ductal bile secretion, which is modified by some hormones.
- Improves liver function, lactagogues (promoting the flow of breast milk), anti depression, cholagogue (promotes bile secretion).
- Today it is being used in anti cancer, antipregnancy, anti epilepsy, anti inflammation, anti spasm, anti ulcer, promoting bile secretion, as diuretics, arresting cough.