- Conclusion: Sufficient drainage is an effective therapeutics for bile leak afer biliary tract surgery.
- None of the patients had complications of bile leak, stent occlusion, early stent dislodgement, or stent retraction into the CBD.
- Objective: To summarize the cause, prevention and treatment of bile leak after biliary tract surgery, to enhance the curative rate.
- Two patients had hepatic ein stenoses that were treated by balloon dilatation; 1 patient had bile leak, which settled spontaneously.
- The resectability rate was 37% (37 patients) with a surgical mortality of 8.1%(3 patients.) Wound infection and bile leak were the most common complications postoperatively.
- The patients inculded 14 cases of bile duct injury, 3 cases of bile leak, 1 case of duodenal injury, 5 cases intraopearative hemorrhagaes, 1 case mediastinal emphysema.