- Prophylactic bilateral mastectomy and prophylactic bilateral oophorectomy can reduce the risk of breast cancer in women with BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation.
- Adjuvant systemic therapy: Patients with LCIS are treated with daily oral tamoxifen. If tamoxifen is unsuitable or refused, bilateral mastectomy may be considered.
- However, they caution that “discussion of bilateral mastectomy is warranted by the significant contralateral breast cancer risk.” The study was conducted by Mark Robson, M.
- Bilateral mastectomy extended simple
- This past year, I found out that for the second time in my life I had cancer, this time in both breasts.I had bilateral mastectomies.
- I had bilateral mastectomies.