- [U]美,漂亮,美貌 being beautiful
- [C]漂亮的人或东西 the beautiful sb/sth
- the qualities that give pleasure to the senses
- a very attractive or seductive looking woman
- an outstanding example of its kind;
"his roses were beauties"
"when I make a mistake it's a beaut"
- Beauty's tears are lovelier than her smile.
- Words cannot describe the beauty of the scene.
- The beauty of the scene filled us with enchantment.
- This bird cannot be paralled for beauty.
- The beauty of living in California is that the weather is so good.
- You have no feeling for the beauty of nature.
Beauty is but skin deep.
Beauty is in the eye of the gazer.
She is vain of her beauty.
She was a woman of singular beauty.
She was a girl of extraordinary beauty.
The girl is the picture of health and beauty.
Her spiritual beauty outshone her physical beauty.
One must not choose a wife for her beauty only.
She will enter a beauty contest.
She felt proud that her daughter won the first place in the beauty contest.
I shall never forget the beauty of the West Lake.
He was struck with the beauty of scenery.
Some people decorate their private houses to please their own sense of beauty.
In beauty, the Rocky Mountains are second to none.
The tranquil beauty of the village scenery is unique.
Nobody can help stopping and admiring the unique beauty of the scene.
A flower is beautiful, but beauty itself is abstract.
The place had a sombre beauty of its own.
She was a great beauty in her youth.
She has turned into a beauty.
That apple is a real beauty.
The last ball was a beauty.
His new car is a beauty.
- the beauty of
有意思的是,妙在 be good at
I chose a piece of cloth with great care and decided to buy it.And the beauty of it was that as I was to pay the money,I found I forgot to bring my purse. 我非常谨慎地挑选一件衣服并且决定买下它,但有意思的是当我要付钱时才发现我忘记带钱包了。
The beauty of it is that everyone can play. 好在大家都能玩。
The beauty of living in California is that the weather is so good. 在加利福尼亚居住的好处就在于气候宜人。
The machine needs very little attention, that's the beauty of it. 那机器不用怎样看管,好就好在这里。
- 有意思的是,妙在 be good at
- bring out the beauty of 发挥出…的美
- enhance the beauty of 给…增色
- enjoy the beautyties of nature 欣赏大自然的美
- preserve the beauty of 保持…的美
- delicate and quiet beauty 雅致而宁静的美
- natural beauty 天然美
- personal beauty 个人的仪表美
- severe beauty 质朴的美
- strange beauty 奇异的美
- wild beauty 天然美
- bathing beauty (选美中的)泳装女郎
- regular beauty 十足的美人
- unusual beauty 异常美丽的景色
- beauty contest 选美竞赛
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever; Its loveliness increases: it will never Pass into nothingness.出自：Keats
There sat..All beauty compass'd in a female form, The Princess.出自：Tennyson
We ascribe beauty to that which is simple; which has no superfluous parts; which exactly answers its end.出自：R. W. Emerson
There is beauty in the bellow of the blast, There is grandeur in the growling of the gale.出自：W. S. Gilbert
That trumpet call had an almost liquid beauty.出自：T. E. Lawrence
Her gawky, bony clumsiness had suddenly transformed itself into dazzling beauty.出自：M. Drabble
- ☆ 13世纪晚期英入进语，直接源自盎格鲁诺曼底语的beute，意为美人；最初源自拉丁语的bellus，意为漂亮，英俊。
- beauty:One famous person once said that “the appearance was the sign of the spiritual.” That was no wander ...…