- Brazil's reasons for protecting Mr Battisti are unconvincing.
- Before he came to Rio, Mr Battisti enjoyed a comfortable exile in France.
- Mr Genro also seems to think that Mr Battisti was convicted of political crimes, rather than plain murder.
- Mr Battisti was convicted in absentia of killing two policemen in Italy in the late 1970s.
- Mr Battisti denies these charges, but there is little doubt in Italy that his trial was fair.
- Battisti of the University of Washington, sun-blocking SO2 and heat-trapping CO2 are not well matched.