a fortress built in Paris in the 14th century and used as a prison in the 17th and 18th centuries; it was destroyed July 14, 1789 at the start of the French Revolution
a jail or prison (especially one that is run in a tyrannical manner)
- It is not exactly the storming of the Bastille.
- Why was Bastille important to the citizens of Paris?
- The Bastille was a fortress, which acted as both a prison and a stronghold containing arms and soldiers.
- One of the revolutionary leaders, Monsieur Defarge, had found a letter in the Bastille.
- Bastille Day 攻占巴士底狱纪念日(...