- [U]篮球运动 a game for two teams of five players who try to throw a ball into a high net
- [C]篮球 a ball for playing this game
a game played on a court by two opposing teams of 5 players; points are scored by throwing the ball through an elevated horizontal hoop
an inflated ball used in playing basketball
- We will play basketball tomorrow.
- The basketball players are working out at the gym.
- We are going to play neither basketball nor volleyball.
- We bought two basketballs.
- There is a basketball in the room.
- He pitched the basketball out of the window.
- She went to play basketball at my suggestion.
- I'd rather play football than play basketball.
- His great height fitted him to play basketball.
- Jackson was the giant of the basketball team.
- He will shape into an excellent basketball player.
- We have a basketball match every Sunday.
误 Throughout his college years, he was in the school basketball team.
正 Throughout his college years, he was on the school basketball team.
误 We shall play a basketball in the afternoon.
正 We shall play basketball in the afternoon.