- An analysis using a particular year as the base period.
- Other rooms are artfully arranged in the base period.
- Wages earned or paid during the base period of an unemployment insurance claim.
- A level for farm-product prices maintained by governmental support and intended to give farmers the same purchasing power they had during a chosen base period.
- In practice, the company finds it more convenient to use its own basis period for reporting sums such as royalty paid.
- This year the company wants to use a basis period different from that used in past years.