- Hypercalcaemia and hyperphosphataemia were absent, and there was no history of barium study or oral contrast ingestion.
- Abnormal anorectal pressure and Barium study were still pressent in some of them.
- Upper and lower barium studies may be helpful in detecting mucosal disease.
- Her general appearance was tall and thin.She had the upper gastrointestinal (UGI) barium study, angiography and abdominal sonography performed to confirm the diagnosis of SMA syndrome.
- Barium studies, CT-scan of the abdomen, and superior mesenteric angiography were compatible with small bowel volvulus.
- X ray barium studies and CT are shown to yield more accurate diagnosis. Angiography is good complementary technique to confirm the diagnosis.