- [P]细菌 very small living things related to plants, some of which cause disease
(microbiology) single-celled or noncellular spherical or spiral or rod-shaped organisms lacking chlorophyll that reproduce by fission; important as pathogens and for biochemical properties; taxonomy is difficult; often considered to be plants
- Many diseases are caused by bacteria.
- Bacteria are too small to see with the naked eye.
- It is possible to multiply bacteria and other living organisms in the laboratory.
- All bacteria are larger than viruses.
- Many bacteria cause diseases.