- South African official Aziz Pahad noted that the international community has drawn up an economic recovery plan that could help ease the humanitarian crisis in Zimbabwe.
- South Africa has never sought to define itself as a great force for good in the world, says Aziz Pahad, deputy foreign minister until his resignation in September.
- In the eyes of the law, Aziz was not yet guilty.
- Aziz could tell Atieh, "Look, I was locked up, OK?
- Aziz was sitting up in bed, looking dishevelled and sad.