英 [ˌæzəbaɪ'dʒɑːni] 美 [ˌæzərbaɪ'dʒɑːni]
a native or inhabitant of Azerbaijan
the Turkic language spoken by the Azerbaijani
of or pertaining to Azerbaijan or the people or culture of Azerbaijan
- Azerbaijani officials couldn't be reached for comment.
- He was apparently not allowed to speak in his native language, Azerbaijani Turkic, so could not speak to his mother, who does not understand Persian.
- The use of Azerbaijani, divided into various dialects, the Altay language Turkic languages, Arabic alphabet text.
- Ethnic Composition: Persian 51%, Azerbaijani 24%, Kurdish 7%, Arab 3%, Turkmen 2%, other 13%.
- The Azerbaijani authorities said General Rail Rzayev was shot in the head as he seek got into a car outside of his home in the city.
- Thus, centuries of Turkic migration and turkification of the region helped to formulate the modern Azerbaijani ethnic group.