- And Aaron shall cast lots on the two goats: one lot for Jehovah and the other lot for Azazel.
- The goat that is sent to Azazel is not as a sacrifice, but as a symbol that there is no longer any unexpiated guilt.
- Among the artists, Azazel seemed the most natural choice given his collection of stunningly detailed work on DeviantArt.
- From this passage in Leviticus, it would seem that Azazel is conceived of as a personal being, as lots were drawn for the Lord and for him.
- The man who has led away the goat for Azazel shall wash his garments and bathe his body in water; only then may he enter the camp.
- And he who lets the goat go for Azazel shall wash his clothes and bathe his body in water, and afterward he may come into the camp.