- adj. 醒着的；警觉的
- v. 唤起；唤醒；醒来
- vi. & vt. (使)醒; 弄醒 make sb wake up
- vi. & vt. 唤起,使觉悟,激起 make you remember sth or begin to experience a particular feeling
- [P]醒着的 not asleep (especially immediately before or after sleeping); not sleeping
- [P]警觉的；警惕的 alert; vigilant
not in a state of sleep; completely conscious;
"lay awake thinking about his new job"
"still not fully awake"
mentally perceptive and responsive;
"an alert mind"
"alert to the problems"
"alive to what is going on"
"awake to the dangers of her situation"
"was now awake to the reality of his predicament"
"She woke up to the sound of the alarm clock"
- The children are still wide awake.
- The smart of his wound kept him awake.
- A pilot must be awake to the changes in the weather.
- He is awake to the serious problem.
- You should be more awake to the danger of your position.
- Nothing can awake her interest in this trip.
- Don't worry! I shall awake him on time.
- He likes to awake to the sound of a radio.
- I was glad to awake from such a nightmare.
- Eby awoke late today.
- She slept badly, awoke late.
- I awake at six every morning.
- I awoke two hours ago.
- “Alice! Awake!” cried her father.
- When she awoke Imes was beside her.
- When I awoke it was broad daylight.
- She awoke when the nurse entered the room.
- Jacelin awoke in an evil temper.
- Gara awoke in a bad mood.
- I have been awoken for an hour.
- The national spirit awoke.
- Old memories awoke in her when she read the letter.
- He awoke to find her gone.
- Byron awoke on morning to find himself famous.
- Brooks awoke to find himself in a hospital.
- The drunken man awoke to find himself in a ditch.
- He awoke to find himself in the emergency ward of a hospital.
- Mike awoke to find that he was lying on the beach.
- I awoke to find that it was raining.
- They awoke to find that several inches of snow had fallen.
- He awoke cold and sick.
- She slept badly, awoke tired and pale.
- Don't worry!I shall awake you on time.
- He awoke the sleeping child.
- She awoke me at seven.
- The noise of the wind did not awake her.
- Her voice awoke the sleeping child.
- The sound of the heavy footsteps awoke the watchdog.
- The sound of voices awoke me.
- The alarm awoke everyone in the house.
- The alarm clock awoke me.
- Her letter awoke old memories.
- Going back to the house awoke memories that thought long forgotten.
- Nothing can awake his interest in this subject.
- The chance meeting awoke the old passion between them.
- The music awoke my imagination.
- His speech is bound to awake old fears and hostilities.
- He was awoken by the noise of the wind.
- The parents were awaked by the child's crying.
- The wide awake patients heard the strange sound.
- Cage was the only one girl awake at that time.
- Ade is the man keenly awake to the change.
- I'm fully awake.
- Give him the letter as soon as he's awake.
- He is always awake early.
- Is he awake or asleep?
- Is he awake yet?
- The dog was awake and barking all night.
- I was still awake when he came to bed.
- He was scarcely awake when he heard the knock at the door.
- He lay awake all night, thinking about his new job.
- I find it so difficult to stay awake during history lessons.
- I managed to stay awake long enough to watch the video.
- The campers lay awake listening to the night sounds.
- He lies awake at night worrying about his job.
- She used to lie awake at night worrying about how to pay the bills.
- She was awake during the operation on her leg.
- I've been awake for hours,
- The explorer was ever awake for the dangers that surrounded him.
- She lay awake for hours thinking about him.
- The noise was keeping everyone awake.
- I drink a lot of coffee to keep me awake.
- This thought kept me awake all night.
- We've been kept awake all night by the noise.
- I could hardly keep myself awake.
- awake from (v.+prep.)
从…醒来,把…从…中唤醒 become, cause sb conscious again after sleep
awake from sth
Asia is awaking from her long sleep.
In the morning I awake from a deep sleep.
I was glad to awake from such a nightmare.
He awoke from a restless sleep to find that all his fears were unfounded.
他一夜未能安睡,醒来时发现自己的一切忧虑都是没有理由的。awake sb from sth
The noise awoke me from my sleep.
The affair awoke them from the false belief.
Father awoke me from ignorance.
Brooks was roughly awoken from his dream of making a fortune when his partner decamped with $100,000.
- awake to (v.+prep.)
觉察到,领悟到 begin to understand; aware of
awake to sth
She awoke to the ringing of an electric bell.
He likes to awake to the sound of a radio.
I awoke to bright sunlight filling my room; it was already midday.
我一醒来就看见屋里阳光灿烂，原来已是中午了。awake to sth
She is awaking to the grim realities of life.
I wonder if they awoke to need for improvement.
They at last awoke to the danger.
It's time you awoke to the realities of the situation.
It took her some time to awake to the dangers of her situation.
You should awake to your responsibilities.
You must awake to the fact that failure will mean disgrace.
You must awake to the truth/fact that an objective law is independent of man's will.
We must awake to the dangers facing our country.
Young people need to awake to the risks involved in casual sex.
青年人必须意识到性放纵的危险。awake sb/sth to sth
We have at last awaken John to the fact there's no easy way to success.
The teacher's advice awaked her to her faults.
They must awaken the people to the dangers facing their country.
- awake with (v.+prep.)
由于…而醒来 wake because of
awake with sth
The child awoke with a start.
He awake with the ringing of an electric bell.
- be awake to
意识到; 对…警觉realize; become conscious of
- wide awake
头脑清醒的; 反应灵敏的able to think clearly and react quickly
- awake one's desire 唤起某人的欲望
- awake one's interest 唤起某人的兴趣
- awake old memories 唤起回忆
- awake sb 唤醒某人
- awake sorrow 勾起悲伤
- awake late 醒得很迟
- awake accidentally 偶然觉醒
- awake breathlessly 匆忙唤醒
- awake consequently 因此唤起
- awake joyfully 愉快地醒来
- awake manifestly 明白地觉察到
- awake mechanically 呆头呆脑地觉察到
- awake rudely 猛然醒悟
- awake singularly 单个醒来
- awake spiritually 心灵上觉醒
- awake usually 通常…醒来
- awake by 被…弄醒
- awake from 从…中醒来
- awake from a sound sleep 从酣睡中醒来
- awake (sb) from ignorance (使某人)从愚昧中觉醒
- awake (sb) from illusion (使某人)从幻想中醒悟
- awake from sleep 从睡梦中醒来
- awake in sb 涌上某人的心头
- awake to 意识到
- awake to sense of duty 唤起责任感
- awake with 由于…而醒来
Hee awoke out of his sleepe.出自：Bible (AV): Judges
I was so transported with joy that I awaked.出自： Addison
Terrible dreams about money, from which she would awake sweating.出自： M. McCarthy
He fell asleep and when he awoke it was bright sunshine.出自： F. Tuohy
- awake用作不及物动词的基本意思是“醒来”,引申可表示为“醒悟”; 用作及物动词则表示“唤醒…”或“使…觉悟”。
- awake用作不及物动词时主语通常是人,偶尔也可用spirit, memory等抽象名词; awake用作及物动词时宾语通常是人,偶尔也可用hope, memory等抽象名词。 awake 表示“醒来”时是瞬间动词,其现在完成时肯定式不可与表示一段时间的状语连用。
- awake的过去式可以是awoke或awaked,但常用awoke。过去分词可以是awoken或awaked,自20世纪后在英国和美国口语中过去分词普遍使用awaked; 在书面语中, awaked 和 awoken 两种形式美国都用。
- awake在句中用作表语,偶尔也可用作定语或宾语补足语; 在其前没有修饰语时,作定语只能后置。
- awake不受very修饰,但可受wide, full, thoroughly修饰。
- awake作“醒着的”“醒悟到的; 意识到的”解时不用于比较等级。
awake，awaken，wake和waken意思和用法都相似，既作及物动词，也作不及物动词。表示“唤醒”，“醒”时，习惯上用wake，而表示“醒悟”时，习惯上用awake和awaken。若是表示“醒着的”，只能用wake。waken和awaken比较少作为不及物动词。wake和waken后可加up，wake up（唤醒，醒来）比较常用，waken较少加up，而awake和awaken后不加up。不过文学著作上，常用waken替换wake up。
The princess did not waken for a hundred years.
- awake, awaken, wake, waken
- 1.wake是最常用词,也是最不正式的用语, awake则比wake正式些。如指“醒来”“使醒”,最好用wake。
- 2.waken和awaken常用作及物动词,多用于书面和被动语态中,表示“被唤醒”。awaken和awake多用于比喻说法,表示“觉醒; 提醒”“开始意识到”等意思。
- 4.以-en结尾的两个词只用作动词, awake除用作动词外还可用作形容词, wake还可用作名词。
误 I awoke up at dawn.
正 I awoke at dawn.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的awcnan，意为惊醒。
- awaken v. 醒来