- The disintegration of microspores of Niitaka and Atago were correlated with the earlier disintegration of tapetum.
- ATAGO products are now used in various industries from food processing, beverage industries to petrochemicals and metalworking.
- The results showed that the anther of Niitaka and Atago was smaller and had few pollen grains, thus resulting in the formation of sterile empty pollen sacs.
- Introduced to Japan in 1915 and started to grow in OKAYAMA County in 1943， Atago's harvest time is around mid-November and ready to ship from the end of November to December.
- Male sterility of pear cultivars of Niitaka, Atago and Housui (CK) and the features of their anther were examined, and the pollen grains per anther and pollen germination rates were investigated.
- Key points for high - yielding culture of pear 'Atago'