- [C]助手,副手,助理; 助教 a person who helps another in a job or piece of work, and is under that person's direction
- [A]助理的,辅助的; 有帮助的 lending aid or support, auxiliary; helping
a person who contributes to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose;
"my invaluable assistant"
"they hired additional help to finish the work"
of or relating to a person who is subordinate to another
- The Prime Minister came to visit our country in the company of his assistant.
- Wang wore two hats as chief of marketing research and assistant head of sales.
- She is an assistant teacher in our school.
- His assistant stepped into the breach when the old surgeon was unable to go on with the operation.
- The lab assistant injected the rat with the new drug.
- At the exits polite assistants will take the goods and add up the cost.
- Before leaving Guangzhou for Hong Kong, the foreign guest came with her sons and daughters to thank the hotel assistants.
- He orders his assistants around in a way that is very offensive.
- It is needless to add that you are in want of an assistant.
- We are looking for an ambitious young assistant.
- I cannot accept you as my assistant.
- I considered Rose as a good assistant.
- He was employed as a research assistant.
- The dean usually has an assistant to help with student's affairs.
- During divorce proceedings the husband got his assistant to front for him at the office.
- I am busy at the moment; I'll get one of the assistants to see to you.
- The director has asked his assistants to stand by.
- The shop owner asks all the shop assistants to attend to customers patiently.
- Someone who works in a shop is an assistant or shop assistant.
- The clever shop assistant cheated the old lady into buying that expensive and faulty refrigerator.
- The shop assistant was sick, so Miss Baker filled in for him.
- The shop assistant seized the thief and handed him over to the police.
- The shop assistant is serving a customer.
- I asked the shop assistant to measure off two meters of blue corduroy for me.
- Rhyme and meter are assistants to memory.
- While the principal was gone, the assistant principal acted for him.
- Several instructors were promoted to assistant professor this year.
- The problem was gone carefully into by the assistant professors.
- Several assistant professors went to the workshop to examine a model.
- The assistant engineers will check over the plane before it leaves.
- The engineers and assistant engineers conceived a new type of vehicle for mountainous regions.
- The dam was designed by some young assistant engineers.
- He determined that he would become an assistant scientist.
- European scientists and some assistant technicians are flowing into the United States.
- People inferred that so able an assistant governor would make a good president.
- The assistant governor has been invested with full authority to act.
- He hires out as an assistant house-painter in the summer.
- You may be only an assistant painter, but your pictures can knock mine into a cocked hat.
- Then the assistant teacher passed on to the next step of question and answer.
- The assistant teacher told the student to pay attention to his spelling.
- A cat is an animal assistant to man.
- ask one's assistants to stand by 让助手们在旁听候吩咐
- look for an ambitious young assistant 找一名雄心壮志的青年助手
- order one's assistants 对助手们发号施令
- personal assistant 私人秘书
- teaching assistant 助教
- able assistant 能干的助手
- capable assistant 能干的助手
- the clever assistant 推销有术的店员
- the dean's assistant 系主任的助手
- the old surgeon's assistant 老外科医生的助手
- the polite assistants 客气的服务员
- business assistant 事务员
- maternity assistant 助产士
- research assistant 研究助理
- shop assistant 店员
- laboratory assistants 实验助手
- the lab assistants 实验室助手
- the hotel assistants 旅馆服务员
- assistant of history 历史助教
- assistant to the Manager 副经理
- assistant to the President for energy affairs 总统能源事务助理
- the assistant engineer 助理工程师
- the assistant governor 助理州长
- the assistant headmaster 副校长
- the assistant house-painter 油漆工的助手
- the assistant principal 副校长
- the assistant professor 助理教授
- the assistant scientist 科学家的助理
- the assistant teacher 助教
- assistant to man 对人类有帮助
- ☆ 16世纪40年代进入英语，直接源自古法语的assistant；最初源自拉丁语的assistantem，意为一个帮助或协助他人的人。