- vt. 〈正〉获得; 得到 gain sth by your own efforts, ability or behaviour
- vt. 购得; 获得; 得到 obtain sth by buying or being given it
- come into the possession of something concrete or abstract;
"She got a lot of paintings from her uncle"
"They acquired a new pet"
"Get your results the next day"
"Get permission to take a few days off from work"
- take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect;
"His voice took on a sad tone"
"The story took a new turn"
"he adopted an air of superiority"
"She assumed strange manners"
"The gods assume human or animal form in these fables"
- come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes);
"He grew a beard"
"The patient developed abdominal pains"
"I got funny spots all over my body"
- locate (a moving entity) by means of a tracking system such as radar
- win something through one's efforts;
"I acquired a passing knowledge of Chinese"
"Gain an understanding of international finance"
- gain knowledge or skills;
"She learned dancing from her sister"
"I learned Sanskrit"
"Children acquire language at an amazing rate"
- gain through experience;
"I acquired a strong aversion to television"
"Children must develop a sense of right and wrong"
"Dave developed leadership qualities in his new position"
"develop a passion for painting"
- We should try to acquire good habits.
- He will acquire the right to permanent residency here.
- One can never acquire enough experience.
- You must acquire great skills of perception.
- We should acquire more firsthand information.
I've suddenly acquired a stepbrother.
I managed to acquire two tickets for the concert.
The company has just acquired new premises.
The company has recently acquired new offices in central London.
We acquired the shares for ￡1.75 each.
He acquired a property.
We should acquire more firsthand information.
I tried to acquire the information I needed.
The couple acquire a good reputation in art circles.
Our firm has acquired an increasing prestige.
He has acquired a reputation for dishonesty.
How did she acquire her skill?
She has acquired a good knowledge of English.
You must work hard to acquire good knowledge of English.
We must acquire advanced science and technology.
How do you acquire so much knowledge of buying and selling of stocks in such a short time?
We want people to acquire the habit of using public transport instead of their cars.
I have recently acquired a taste for olives.
I've never really acquired a taste for wine.
Any drug user who shares a needle is at risk of acquiring AIDS.
The business was acquired from Orion four years ago.
How can such a large quantity of know-ledge be acquired?
The ability to use a language can be acquired by the act of using the language.
The habit is easily acquired but broken up with difficulty.
His character acquired him a good name.
Her manner acquired her universal odium.
- an acquired taste
养成的爱好a thing that you do not like much at first but gradually learn to like
Abstract art is an acquired taste. 要慢慢培养才会欣赏抽象艺术。
Decaffeinated coffee is an acquired taste. 喝脱去咖啡因的咖啡是慢慢养成的嗜好。
- 养成的爱好a thing that you do not like much at first but gradually learn to like
- acquire a new lease of life 获得新生
- acquire an education 受教育
- acquire an understanding 取得谅解
- acquire a target 捕捉到目标
- acquire a taste for sth 开始喜欢某事物
- acquire a title of 得到…的头衔
- acquire bad habits 养成坏习惯
- acquire experience 获得经验
- acquire fame and wealth 获得名利
- acquire fluency in French 学会流畅地讲法语
- acquire good habits 养成好习惯
- acquire knowledge 获得知识
- acquire language 习得语言
- acquire mannerisms 形成独特风格
- acquire property 获得财产
- acquire supplies 获得供给品
- acquire the art of public speaking 获得讲演的艺术
- acquire the habit (of) 养成(做某事的)习惯
- acquire the information 获得信息
- acquire the right to do sth 取得做某事的权利
- acquire assiduously 持之以恒地积累
- acquire cruelly 粗鲁地获得
- acquire easily 轻易地取得
- acquire innocently 清白地获得
- acquire painfully 痛苦地获得
- acquire patiently 耐心地获得
- acquire quickly 迅速地获得
- acquire scientifically 科学地获得
- acquire sensibly 明显地获得
The gun..which he had acquired..at the sacrifice of actual food.出自：W. Faulkner
They had acquired piety table manners.出自：E. Birney
His character acquired him a good name.
- acquire的基本意思是“得到”,可指“购得”“习得; 学到(知识)”“获得(名声,地位或名望)”“患上(疾病); 受到(感染)”等,含有“逐渐具有; 不断积累; 开始学会”等意味。acquire也可指不正当的“获得”。
- acquire是及物动词,其宾语多为抽象名词,如用实物则显得做作, acquire也可接双宾语。可用于被动结构。
- acquire, achieve, attain, earn, gain, get, obtain, secure, win
这组词的共同意思是“取得; 获得”。其区别是：1.除secure是正式用词外,其余各词均为一般用词。2.achieve主要指取得成功、成就或实现预期目的; acquire主要指逐渐获得知识、能力、荣誉等; attain主要指达到重要目标或获得珍贵的东西; earn凭借功劳赚得或获得工资、报酬、荣誉、赞赏等; gain主要指获得或赢得有一定价值的东西; get指以各种方式获得各种所需或不需之物; obtain指获得所需之物或达到预期目的; secure指得到渴望或竞争性的东西; win指在竞争、比赛、争论或战斗中击败对手而赢得胜利或获得人们的爱戴〔好感〕等。3.achieve指克服困难之后而获得; acquire, attain, earn指通过努力而获得; gain指通过巨大努力而获得; obtain多指通过长期努力而获得,有时也指无须经过努力; 其他各词不强调通过努力与否; get可指通过各种方式获得; earn还指凭借功劳而赚得; win还指通过作出优异成绩而赢得。4.achieve强调结果; acquire强调量的增加; attain含有达到完美地步的意味; gain强调所获得之物能够造成的优势; obtain强调愿望得到满足; secure强调有把握或成功地获得。5.get是这组同义词中的最常用词,可指主动争取,也可指被动接受,有时不一定需要很大努力就能获得; acquire指持续,慢慢地获得,强调过程; 而earn, gain都强调经过艰苦努力而获得的这一结果, gain比obtain所付出的努力还要大些; win则指在竞赛中或战斗中赢得或获得胜利,可以通过努力获得,也可以偶然获得。例如:He did not get what he had earned他未获得他应得到的东西。The ability to use a language can be acquired by the act of using the language.运用语言的能力,只能通过不断练习才能获得。She gained rich experience in teaching.她获得了丰富的教学经验。I've got your telegram.我已经收到了你的电报。We wished to obtain first-hand information.我们要能得到第一手情报就好了。Industry won him his success.勤奋使他获得了成功。6.acquire的宾语多为知识、技能等; earn的宾语多为金钱、荣誉等理应得到的东西; obtain的宾语多为期望已久的东西; gain的宾语多为经验、利益、优势、好处等; 而win的宾语则为比赛、战斗等; get的宾语则比较广泛,即既可以是具体的东西,也可以是抽象的事物。例如:He got what he had earned.他获得了他应得到的东西。You must work hard to acquire good knowledge of English.你要用功,以便精通英语。Our firm has gained a good reputation.我们公司赢得了好名声。Then I'll go and get you a chair.我去给你拿把椅子来。At last, he obtained his father's pardon.他终于得到了父亲的原谅。They won the basketball match.他们打赢了这场篮球赛。7.这组动词都可跟简单宾语。get, earn, gain, obtain, secure和win可跟双宾语; secure还可跟wh-从句; win还可跟含不定式的复合宾语。此外, gain和win有时还可用作不及物动词。acquire和attain常跟抽象名词。8.attain常用于庄重场合。win语气比gain强。
- acquire obtain gain get win earn secure
- ☆ 15世纪中期进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的acquirere，意为寻求别的。
- acquirability n. 可得,可获得‖acquirable adj. 可得的,可获得的‖acquired adj. 后天的；获得的
- aquire:acquire vt. 获得, 学到 英英解释:动词acquire:1. come into the possession of something concrete or abstract同义词：g…