- Heavy oil viscosity reduction of was studied by using toluene as additive for catalytic aquathermolysis reaction in this paper.
- The results indicate that water needed by full aquathermolysis reaction increases with molecular weight of thioether.
- Tt is addressed that the aquathermolysis,a new method to recover heavy oil commercially and efficiently,has very high potential value.
- Free energy minimization method is used to study equilibrium composition of thioether in aquathermolysis reaction.The effects of temperature, pressure and feed ratio are analyzed by calculations.
- mechanism of the catalytic aquathermolysis