a person who argues to defend or justify some policy or institution
- Apologists for Bush point to a form of dyslexia he suffers from.
- He has been cast in the role of chief apologist for the government.
- The apologist is also the preacher: both have the same goals.
- He was also a philosopher, Christian apologist,playwright, and poet.
- I am no apologist for the aggressive action by those Chinese young people.
- But their so-called achievements are never identified as the allegations of their apologists.