- The Duke of Aosta was a cousin of the King of Italy.
- In Aosta, northern Italy, Nico Rosberg won a poker tournament in the week before the Spanish grand prix.
- In the back were two fellow Salesian nuns, aged 65 and 78, who had jumped in the car in Turin when news broke of Pope Benedict's fall near Aosta, where he is spending his summer holiday.
- The new 90 foot high tech catamaran belonging to America's Cup defender Alinghi is airlifted on August 7, 2009 near Aosta, Italy, flying from Switzerland over the Alps to the Mediterranean Sea.
- he also worked in Aosta, Padova, Vicenza, and Venice.