- Brock's pulmonary and aortic dilator
- Donaldson's aortic dilator and valvulotome
- Ascending aortic dilatation combined with aortic valve disease: Ascending aortic replacement or aortoplasty?
- Over time, matrix metalloproteinases and other enzymes slowly degrade the aortic walls, possibly leading to aortic dilation.
- Hypertension, aortic dilatation, and collagen disorders have all been linked to acute aortic dissection, but the inciting events, immediately preceding the tear, were unclear, according to the report in the American Journal of Cardiology for November.