- [C]反义词 a word that means the opposite of another word
a word that expresses a meaning opposed to the meaning of another word, in which case the two words are antonyms of each other;
"to him the antonym of `gay' was `depressed'"
- Give the synonym and antonym of this word.
- Synonym and antonym relations are symmetric relationships as well.
- “Old” has two possible antonyms： young and new. old
- “Pain” is the antonym of “pleasure”.
- “Happy” is an antonym of “sad”.
- Small and big are antonyms.
- Two antonyms of “light” are “dark” and “heavy”. light