- A city of southwest Central Asian U.S.S.R. on the Amu Darya southwest of Tashkent. It is an inland port and a manufacturing center. Population, 57,000.
- Sites under exploration are located in Mary Province, in western and northern Turkmenistan, on the right bank of the Amu Darya, and offshore in the Caspian Sea.
- The North Amu Darya Sub-Basin where the reef reservoirs and paleo-high structures were well developed, contains bulk of the sub-salt proved oil and gas reserves.
- Turkey natural gas pipeline from Turkmenistan's Amu Darya West Sea, passing through Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan to China, with a total length of 10,000 km.
- PVM is an optional function module located in AMU.