Finnish architect and designer of furniture (1898-1976)
- One of the Finnish objects that is most famous in the world is the little vase designed by Alvar Aalto and produced in this small town north of Hameenlinna.
- In Jyvaskyla Alvar Aalto started his career as an architect with a building inspired by the Italian Renaissance.
- Alvar Aalto and Eero Saarinen were two of the most prolific architects and designers in this movement, which has influenced contemporary modernism.
- One of the Finnish objects that is most famous in the world is the Iittala vase designed by Alvar Aalto and produced in this small town north of Hameenlinna.
- In Jyvaskyla Alvar Aalto started his career as an architect with a Building inspired by the Italian Renaissance. The minor architecture of the small Italian cities influenced his artistic vocation.
- Alvar Aalto said“Nothing is ever reborn, but neither does it totally disappear. And that which has once been, will always reappear in a new form.”