- [U]铝 a silver-white metal that is a simple substance light in weight, and easily shaped
a silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite
- I hardly ever know that aluminium alloy could be as strong as steel.
- Aluminium was slowly wedging its way in the metal market.
- By mixing aluminium with other metals, scientists have been able to produce a variety of alloys, some of which have the strength of steel but weigh only one third as much.
- Wrapping aluminium foil round a joint allows the meat to cook in its own juice/juices.
- Aluminium is a kind of metal.
- Beer and soda cans are made of aluminium.