a condition caused by overproduction of aldosterone
- Fifty-six consecutie patients who had primary aldosteronism and were recruited in a uniersity center were studied.
- Objective To investigate the value of i. v. saline load lest (SLT) in the diagnosis of primary aldosteronism (PA).
- There were 4 patients with primary aldosteronism,1 patient with nonfunctional adrenocortical adenoma,1 patient with primary adrenal nodular hyperplasia.
- Endocrine hypertension comprised 59.70% of primary aldosteronism, 38.06% of pheochromocytoma, and there were 3 in-patients suffered from cushing syndrome.
- Objective To study the clinical value of 18-hydroxycortisol assay in the differential diagnosis of primary aldosteronism.
- MRAs treat a condition called primary aldosteronism, which is found in about 20% of patients with resistant hypertension.