- Objective. To discuss the diagnosis and treatment of Blastomyces dermatitidis in the spine.
- Blastomycosis is a fungal disease caused by Blastomyces dermatitidis that affects both dogs and humans.
- The KOH preparation was consistent with a fungal pathogen, which was later identified as Blastomyces dermatitidis by polymerase chain reaction.
- A preparation that is derived from a culture of the fungus Blastomyces dermatitidis and is injected intracutaneously as a diagnostic test for blastomycosis.
- Infection by Blastomyces dermatitidis