- Objective:To investigate the contingent negative variations (CNV) in patients with aged depression.
- Conclusion:It suggests that sertriline might be recommended as an appropriated drug in the treatment of aged depression.
- Method:40 patients with aged depression were assigned double-blindly with sertraline (n=20) and amitriptyline (n=20) for 6 weeks.
- Methods:An event-related potential CNV was recorded in 21 patients with aged depression and was compared with that of 33 normal controls and 39 patients with non-aged depression.
- Conclusion: Acupuncture realized its effect by adjusting the neuroendocrine system's function and increasing the function of ovary, which was further to cure femals' climacteric age depression.
- Study of blink reflex in aged depression