aesculapius : 阿斯克勒庇 ...
在 《外教社人类学英语词典》 中查看更多...
- son of Apollo; a hero and the Roman god of medicine and healing; his daughters were Hygeia and Panacea
- A look into the origins of these icons shows that the true symbol of the physician is the staff of Aesculapius.
- The newborn demigod Aesculapius was then taken and trained by the Chirion, the healing-wise centaur.
- It is Aesculapius who then became the god of medicine and it is his staff which properly represents the physician.
- As Coronis lay on her funeral pyre, Hermes played the obstetrician (virtually his only medical act) and delivered the infant Aesculapius from her womb.
- Aesculapius staff is a rough hewn cypress branch entwined by a single snake, two elements common to his native home in the Greek isles.