- It is shown that test aerospike nozzle has good altitude compensability of thrust.
- To find out the performance characteristic of aerospike nozzle, the simulated tests were a aerospike engine unit using solid propellant.
- The results show that the truncated losses and the base losses due to the truncation of the plug are the main factors influencing the performance of the aerospike nozzle.
- Though the bleed can enlarge the thrust of the aerospike nozzle, it lessens the specific impulse except the case that the bleed is small at low flight altitude for the linear aerospike nozzle.
- By employing the gaseoos oxygen as oxidizer and gaseoos hydrogen as fuel, hot-firing tests were performed for aerospike nozzle and dual bell nozzle test engines with al titude compensating features.