- Without aerial refueling, the face of modern combat would be changed.
- Under the current restructuring, ANG and USAF Reserve units contribute almost half of the Air Force's peacetime aerial refueling mission.
- As military aviation moves toward the next century, aerial refueling will continue to provide the means to project military power to the far reaches of the globe.
- The disturbances acting on the receiver aircraft in the docking phase of an aerial refueling are analyzed and the truth of longitudinal flight control of the receiver is introduced.
- The British conducted experiments with some success, but through World War II, long-range strategic missions and aerial refueling were greeted with skepticism by most of those in command.