- South Korea's navy has redeployed some of its top ships, included an Aegis class destroyer and a new guided missile ship with stealth capabilities, to the area.
- PLA Navy had ordered eight Kilo class submarines and two Sovremenny class destroyers, armed with improved versions of the Moskit supersonic sea-skimming missiles, from Russia in 2002 at a cost of around $3.5 billion.
- The Arleigh Burke class destroyer, Benfold fires its five-inch 54-caliber MK45 gun during training operations off the coast of California.
- The Project 956 Sovremenny class destroyer is regarded as outdated in that it is a Cold War-era design with obvious external profile and no radar cross-section reduction features.
- Medical supplies are flied in under the aegis of the red cross.
- Lanzhou Chinese navy ships (170 ships), named "China Aegis" destroyers.