- 给…出主意 ，向…提意见
- vt. & vi. 劝告,提建议 give advice to (sb), tell sb what one thinks should be done; warn, caution, offer counsel; give an opinion, recommend
- vt. (商业)通知,报告 inform; give information or notice to sb (business style)
- give advice to;
"The teacher counsels troubled students"
"The lawyer counselled me when I was accused of tax fraud"
- inform (somebody) of something;
"I advised him that the rent was due"
- make a proposal, declare a plan for something;
"the senator proposed to abolish the sales tax"
- They advised her against marrying quickly.
- Please advise us when the goods are dispatched.
- He can advise on how to learn English well.
- I would advise you to keep out of the way when the teacher is rousting out the bad boys in the class.
- She advises the Government on economic affairs.
- We advised that they should start early/advised them to start early.
- Charles Darwin I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it.
I'll act as you advise.
Will you advise on these points?
When a person gives advice, he advises.
It is easy for you to advise, but difficult to take advice from others.
The playwright was invited to advise in the production.
I want you to advise me.
I'm only trying to advise you.
There is no one to advise her.
You'll be able to advise us.
A lawyer should advise his clients as to their legal rights.
We need some qualified person to advise us in the matter of the investment of the trust funds.
The control-room listened carefully and then advised the astronauts.
What would you advise?
He advised prudence.
We advised an early start.
The doctor advises a change of air.
The secretary advised immediate settlement of the issue.
I will advise you in a day or two.
He had advised the city police station.
Be advised by me.
I'd advise taking a different approach.
She advised holding a class meeting.
He advised losing some weight, getting plenty of sleep and eating good meals.
He advised reading the letter carefully before answering it.
They advised investigating the cause of the railway accident.
My brother advised waiting till the proper time.
They advised putting off the meeting till next week.
His mother advised his starting at once.
Who advised his making that statement?
He advised that she not get up so late.
Tom advised that they be printed.
“Don't go jumping to conclusions,” Minnie advised.
I advised her where to stay.
Can you advise me how to do it?
I advised her that she should wait.
We have advised her that we are coming.
A stone guidepost advised him that Gaza was still eight miles distant.
We are to advise you that the matter is under consideration.
We have been advised that the roads are too icy for the trip.
Would you advise me where I should spend my holidays this summer?
Please advise us whether we should have such activities.
Please advise me whether I should buy the house at once.
Please advise me which is the best.
Please advise us when the goods are dispatched.
Will you advise us when the goods should arrive?
Please advise us whether the goods should be dispatched at once.
“Don't believe everything you hear,Nick!” he advised me.
What would you advise me to do?
I strongly advised you not to do so.
You want to find your sister tonight,I advise you to look in the Boylan Estate.
I earnestly advised him to cooperate.
The doctor advised him not to drink excessively.
I advised myself to send up a little repast suitable to so delicate young palates.
I can safely advise you to buy it.
I strongly advise you to rid yourself of the bad habit of smoking.
They advised me to travel for the benefit of my health.
He often advises people to use their brains.
Doctors advised me to have it removed.
They often give talks, advising children to acquire hygienic habits.
If you don't feel well,I advise you to stay in bed.
So they were advised to form another fire company.
I advised him to be cautious.
- advise about〔on〕 (v.+prep.)
(就某事或做某事)向某人提出建议或忠告 give sb advice about〔on〕 sth or doing sth advise sb about〔on〕 sth
Priests advise their churchgoers about many personal troubles.牧师就许多人的烦恼问题向常去做礼拜的教徒提了忠告。
He advised her about her business affairs.他对她的生意经营提出一些意见。
I advised him on technical matters.我就有关技术问题向他提出自己的见解。
I have advised you on that subject.就这个问题我给你提过建议。
She advises the government on economic affairs.她就经济形势向政府提出建议。
Perhaps you are the best man to advise me on this question.在这个问题上,你可能是能给我提出建议的最合适的人。advise sb about〔on〕 v-ing
Experienced seamen will advise you about sailing in this weather.有经验的海员会告诉你在这种天气条件下的航行情况。advise sb about〔on〕 wh-to-v
The teachers advised the freshmen on how to use their time to the best advantage.老师指导一年级新生如何充分利用时间。advise sb about〔on〕 wh-clause
Experienced seamen will advise you about whether you should sail the boat in this weather.有经验的海员会告诉你在这种天气条件下是否可以航行。
- (就某事或做某事)向某人提出建议或忠告 give sb advice about〔on〕 sth or doing sth advise sb about〔on〕 sth
- advise against (v.+prep.)
告诫; 强烈反对 warn sb not to do sth; turn against strongly advise against sth
In case of diabetes, physicians advise against the use of sugar.对于糖尿病患者,医生告诫他们不要吃糖。advise sb against sth/v-ing
Father advised me against the danger.爸爸劝我提防危险。
Her mother advised her against marrying in haste.她母亲劝她不要匆匆结婚。
- 告诫; 强烈反对 warn sb not to do sth; turn against strongly advise against sth
- advise of (v.+prep.)
向某人告知某事或提醒某事 give information or warning to sb about sth advise sb of sth
I advised you of the danger.我提醒你提防危险。
The motoring organizations have advised motorists of thick mists on the mountains.摩托车俱乐部已通知车手山上有浓雾。
Please advise me of any change of address.如地址有变化,敬请通知。
He has not advised his friends of his marriage.他未把他的婚事通知朋友们。
I'll advise you of my future plan.我会把今后的打算告诉你的。
The nurses advised the doctors of the conditions of their patients.护士向医生报告病人的情况。
He advised me of his whereabouts.他把他的行踪告诉了我。
Please advise us of the dispatch of the goods.请通知我们货物的发运情况。用于 be ～ed 结构
He has been advised of the state of the market.他已得知市场的行情。
The room began filled with offspring who were advised of their sister's betrothal.那些得到姐姐订婚消息的晚辈们开始挤进她的房间。
- 向某人告知某事或提醒某事 give information or warning to sb about sth advise sb of sth
- advise with (v.+prep.)
〈美〉商量,商议; 从某处得到意见 meet and talk with; get advice from sb; take counsel with advise with sb/sth
I could advise with no one.我无人可商量。
You'll advise with him on these points.这几点你要和他商量一下。
Before buying a house he advised with friends who owned houses.买房前他请教了有房的朋友们。
Before making any decision, the President usually advises with leading members of his special information committee.在作出任何决定之前,总统通常与其特别顾问委员会的主要成员进行磋商。
She has gone to advise with her classmates about going to the countryside.她已经去找同学们商量下乡的事。
He'll advise with his parents on his studies.他将同父母商讨他的学习问题。
He advised with his colleagues on the teaching programme.他与同事们商讨教学计划。
He inspects their farms and advises with them on the best farming methods.他视察了他们的农场并与他们商讨最佳耕作方法。
I shall advise with my friends as to what is to be done.至于该做些什么事,我会与朋友们协商好。
- 〈美〉商量,商议; 从某处得到意见 meet and talk with; get advice from sb; take counsel with advise with sb/sth
- advise one's friends 通知朋友们
- advise the city police 通知市警察局
- advise the government 向政府提出建议
- advise a change of air 建议换换空气
- advise a complete rest 建议全休
- advise an early start 建议早点动身
- advise extreme caution 建议要极端谨慎
- advise prudence 劝…谨慎
- advise secrecy 建议严守秘密
- advise going slow 劝(某人)慢走
- advise taking a different approach 建议采取不同的方法
- advise briefly 简洁地劝告
- advise brusquely 粗暴地警告
- advise brutally 蛮横地提意见
- advise cautiously 小心地劝说
- advise cleverly 机敏地告诫
- advise coolly 冷静地劝告,冷淡地告知
- advise disinterestedly 无私地忠告
- advise earnestly 诚挚地劝告
- advise explicitly 直率地劝告
- advise fervently 热心地劝告
- advise impartially 公正地劝告
- advise incompetently 不适当地建议
- advise intelligently 明智地建议
- advise moderately 温和地劝说
- advise needlessly 不必要地劝告
- advise pertinently 中肯地劝告
- advise rashly 贸然提议
- advise rightly 正当告诫
- advise safely 很有把握地主张
- advise sagely 明智地建议
- advise shrewdly 机灵地劝告
- advise solemnly 严肃地提议
- advise strenuously 热烈地商议,紧张地商议
- advise strongly 竭力劝告
- advise unhesitatingly 毫不犹豫地建议
- advise unselfishly 大公无私地建议
- advise urgently 强硬地劝说
- advise wisely 明智地劝告
Advise you what you say.出自：Twelfth Night,Shakespeare
Advise Forthwith how thou oughtst to receive him.出自：Milton
I will not advise such a course of action.
I advise against such a course of action.
- advise后可接动名词形式，但不可直接加不定式，如可说He advises trying once more，但不可说He advises to try once more；
He advised her to read carefully.
He advised her not to read carelessly.
He advised her against reading carelessly.
I advised that he write the report very carefully.(不用wrote)
They have advised us of the arrival of the goods.
- 句型“You would be well advised to ...”中，advice指“我认为你应该。。。”，是英国公文中的陈套语；
- advise him指“劝告他”，advise with him指“跟他商量”（不普遍使用）。
- advise作“劝告”解时其后的that从句须用虚拟式。具体说来, that从句作宾语时谓语动词可用动词原形,也可用“should+动词原形”; that从句用作双宾语中的直接宾语时,谓语动词多用“should+动词原形”。advise作“建议”解时谓语动词多用虚拟式,作“通知”解时一般要用陈述式。
- advise的人称宾语后可接动词不定式,也可接that从句,例如：她劝她丈夫不要吸烟。可译为She advised her husband not to smoke.也可译为She advised her husband that he shouldn't smoke.这两种译法中前者更合乎习惯。
- “advise+ n./pron. +to- v ”结构中的动词不定式一般认为是宾语补足语,但近来有语法学家认为该动词不定式在句中作双宾语中的直接宾语,只要用提问的方式把动词不定式变为答语,就可以知道这种观点的根据所在了。例如：What did he advise you?—He asked me to rest.他建议你干什么?——他叫我休息。
- advise with sb on〔about〕 sth 作“与…商量…”解,在英式英语中是古旧用法,但在美式英语中却是现代的正规用法。英式英语中表示“与…商量…”用consult with sb on〔about〕 sth。
- advise sb to-v, advise v-ing
这两种结构的区别在于：1.充当的句子成分不同：advise后的动名词是直接宾语; 而动词不定式是宾语补足语。2.动作的逻辑主体不同：动词不定式所表示的动作的逻辑主体是其前的sb,即advise的宾语,与句子的主语不是同一个〔些〕人; 而动名词所表示的动作的逻辑主体或者没有明确指出,或者由其前的物主代词表示; 可能是与句子主语不同的人,也可能是包括句子主语在内的一些人。综合上述两点,简言之,以人作宾语时用动词不定式作宾语补足语; 不以人而以动作作直接宾语时用动名词。试比较以下两句：
- I wouldn't advise taking the car; there's nowhere to park.
- I wouldn't advise you to take the car; there's nowhere to park.
- advise with, advise sb
二者的区别在于：advise with其后常接人作宾语,即advise with sb,意为“与人商量”,句中的主语和with的宾语是以比较平等、友好的方式进行交谈、协商,属于美式英语的正式用法; advise sb 是“劝告某人做或不做某事”,常出现在advise sb to do sth 、advise sb not to do sth 或advise sb against sth/doing sth结构中。
- advise, acquaint, inform, notify, tell
这组词的共同意思是“通知”,其区别是：1.除tell外是一般用词,其余各词均为正式用词。2.在“通知”的手段上, acquaint主要指向某人提供资料; tell是指将某事直接告诉某人或把某些内容向他人讲述,即口头通知; inform既可指提供有关资料或信息,也可指直接告知某事; notify指正式用书面通知; advise则常用于商业活动,既可指书面通知,即通告,电告,也可指口头告知或电话通知,但不一定是正式的。3.在通知的内容上, acquaint常用于范围广泛的内容复杂的信息; tell多指一个故事或一件事; inform既可指重要的信息,也可指普通的一件事; advise多指商业活动中对方应知晓的信息; notify则指严肃的事或对方应知晓的事,暗含事情紧迫,需立即答复或处理的意味。4.在用法上,这组词均为及物动词,可跟简单宾语或“间接宾语+that/wh-从句”, acquaint还可跟with短语,常用于被动结构; advise还可跟of短语; inform还可跟含“带疑问词的动词不定式和含介词as to或about的复合宾语”; notify还常跟of短语和含动词不定式的复合宾语,常用于被动结构。
- advise, caution
- advise, counsel
这两个词的共同意思是“劝告”。其区别在于：1.advise可用于对重要的事情提出意见或劝告,也可用于对一般事情提出意见或劝告; 而counsel则主要用于对重要的事情提出意见或劝告。例如：Would you counsel our giving up the plan?你会建议我们放弃这个计划吗?2.语气上, counsel比advise更正式庄重,指深思熟虑后郑重提出的意见或建议。3.advise的名词形式是advice,而counsel名词与动词同形。
- advise, persuade
- advise caution warn admonish counsel
误 Our teacher advised to do the work carefully.
正 Our teacher advised doing the work carefully.
- ☆ 14世纪进入英语，直接源自古法语的aviesr。
- advisor,-er n. 顾问；提建议者
- advise:advise vt. 劝告, 忠告, 警告, 建议 英英解释:动词advise:1. give advice to同义词：rede, counsel2. inform (somebody) of so…