- a state of misfortune or affliction;
"debt-ridden farmers struggling with adversity"
"a life of hardship"
- a stroke of ill fortune; a calamitous event;
"a period marked by adversities"
- Hardship disposes man to meet adversity.
- His struggle with adversity is fruitless.
- A genuine friend will not desert you in time of adversity.
- It is wise even in adversity to listen to reason.
- Friendship fades away between red lanterns and green wine, but it blooms in misfortune and adversity.
- Adversity is man's true touchstone.
- hard times市面萧条
- adversity:adversity n. 不幸, 灾祸, 逆境 英英解释:名词adversity:1. a state of misfortune or affliction同义词：hardship, hard kn…