- If you are an adult or an emancipated minor, talk to your doctor about Advance Directives.
- Furthermore, the new law reform established as well as codified various alternatives to guardianship, such as advance directives and surrogate decision-making mechanisms.
- This is the time, Dr.McCullough suggests, to reinsert themselves back into the parent’s life, to show up at doctor visits and to raise unpleasant topics like advance directives and health proxies.
- Nevertheless, various legal tools have been developed in recent years, both in the realms of advance directives and de facto guardianship that could serve as means to avoid guardianship.
- Ask if client has an advanced directive.