- a verse line with a dactyl followed by a spondee or trochee; supposedly used in laments by Adonis
- or relating to or like Adonis
- having a rhythm consisting of a dactyl followed by a spondee or a trochee;
"the verse of the laments is Adonic"
- Adon: Provided that you do, of course.
- Adon: I've decided to take a road trip acoss Oz.
- Adon: Well, I really want to get out into the outback.
- Adon: Apparently not - he was in a coma all the way through it.
- Adon: No, but I've heard that it's really mind-blowing.
- I also took picture with the main character Miss Yao (Adon).