- admonish or counsel in terms of someone's behavior;
"I warned him not to go too far"
"I warn you against false assumptions"
"She warned him to be quiet"
- warn strongly; put on guard
- take to task;
"He admonished the child for his bad behavior"
- His wife admonished him not to drive too fast.
- He has very sternly admonished student.
- He was admonished against doing wrong.
- I admonished him of the need for silence.
- admonished:admonish vt. 劝告, 训诫, 警告 英英解释:动词admonish:1. admonish or counsel in terms of someone's behavior同义词：war…