- a former British unit of length equivalent to 6,080 feet (1,853.184 meters); 800 feet longer than a statute mile
- The motel is dead ahead about a mile from here.
- The last one mile is all uphill.
- It's not less than a mile to the station.
- It's no more than a mile to the shops.
- I clocked him while he ran a mile.
- In the concert, your performance stood out a mile.
admiralty admiral Admiralty Wireless Signals List admiralty fuel in kerosene range Admiralty Engineering Laboratory Admiralty Underwater Establishment Admiralty List of Wireless Signals Admiralty Fleet Confidential Order Admiralty Experimental Diving Unit Admiralty Draughtsman's Association Admiralty Standard Stockless Anchor