- This task Admetus performed by the assistance of his divine herdsman, and was made happy in the possession of Alcestis.
- Accord- ingly Apollo went into the service of Admetus, King of Thessaly, and pastured his flocks for him on the verdant banks of the river Amphrysos.
- Just at this time Hercules arrived at the palace of Admetus and foundall the inmates in great distress for the impending loss of the devoted wife and beloved mistress.
- so， to keep the flocks of Admetus.
- Admetus, fond as he was of life, would not have submitted to receive it at such a cost;