something added to another thing but not an essential part of it
a person who is an assistant or subordinate to another
a construction that can be used to extend the meaning of a word or phrase but is not one of the main constituents of a sentence
- The word is an adjunct of that verb.
- A word that may be modified by an adjunct.
- A rightful or customary accompaniment or adjunct.
- Meter and rhyme are not mere adjuncts of poetry.
- To belong as an adjunct, part, holding, or quality.
- An adjunct professor of history.