- It is often used with a possessive adjective.
- "Big" in "big barn" is a descriptive adjective.
- Possessive adjectives - my, your, his, her, its, our, your, their are often confused with possessive pronouns. The possessive adjective modifies the noun following it in order to show possession.
- In French the adjective must agree with the noun in number and gender.
- French adjectives are rarely used in place of the adverbial form. Remember that adjectives modify nouns and adverbs modify verbs, adjectives, and other adverbs!